Birthday flight !



Today is my birthday and the flying forecast is great. We are eight hangglider pilots on the Chabre but when I start rigging my ATOS, I find that I'm missing 2 bolts which hold the 2 wings together...
Oh no ! I know in an instant that I have left them in the landing field at Oraison on Sunday, more than 80 km away.
I pack up my glidder and say "Bon vol" to the other pilots and leave. At the Oraison landing field, I find the 2 missing bolts in the long grass and decide to drive back and have a late afternoon flight from the Chabre again...
I'm able to take of just before 3pm and the conditions are excellent allowing to make a 123km flat triangle at nearly 47 kmph average speed. This is the fastest triangle I've ever completed... With my determination, I've saved my birthday !

Mon vol sur CFD





Commentaires